60 seconds with… Naomi Folkard
This week, it’s... Naomi Folkard who, at 32, competed at her fourth consecutive Olympic Games in Rio, but made it clear she intends to stop at four.
1. What was your favourite toy as a kid?
A stuffed yellow dog with big, brown floppy ears called Woofa.
2. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
4. Who is your sport model?
Sir Chris Hoy, multi-Olympic Champion in track cycling. He’s a friendly and nice guy.
He was in Beijing and I saw the way he conducted himself, he was very professional with his training and everything he did was to prepare as well as possible.
3. What is your biggest strength in archery?
My love of archery.
5. If you were to design your own bow, what would you call it?
It’s one of my nicknames and in my opinion sounds quite cool!
6. How much weight on your stabilisers?
7. Any equipment you change in the wind and/or rain?
If it’s ridiculous wind, like the 2013 World Archery Championships, I move my clicker forwards.
8. What did you enjoy most in Rio?
The moment I stepped into the match field for my first match and all the nerves just disappeared and I felt confident in my ability to compete.
9. Do you have a special dream?
I want to go wild camping and hiking on my own in the Cairngorms.
10. Will you use fat or thin arrows for indoors?
I don’t know yet. Because I don’t know what type of bow I’ll use!