60 seconds with… Atanu Das
This week, it’s… Atanu Das, who made his Olympic debut in 2016.
By advancing to the last 16 in Rio, the 24-year-old archer went further than any Indian man since 2004. He finished ninth overall.
1. What was your favourite toy as a kid?
A tennis ball that I used for many kinds of fun games. Sometimes cricket and football also.
2. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
3. What is your biggest strength in archery?
4. If you were to design your own bow, what would you call it?
‘Shiv’ means lord in the Hindi language and ‘ram’ for Lord Rama, seventh avatar of Hindu God Vishnu. A mix of the two is an avatar of god I named Shivram.
6. How much weight on your stabilisers?
7. Any equipment you change in the wind and/or rain?
I change my finger tab if wet, otherwise no change.
8. What did you enjoy most in Rio?
I enjoyed each and every moment in Rio!
9. Do you have a special dream?
My first dream is all about archery.
And second, I want to become a good freestyle hip hop dancer.
10. Will you use fat or thin arrows for indoors?
The same Easton X10 arrows as outdoors.